We are still enjoying the wonderful feelings of community, generosity, and joy that we experienced in our recent summer party! Not only was it our most successful event ever, but also it reminded us of the extraordinary community that has grown around our little cat rescue. Thank you all!
As we enter the autumn season, we wanted to remind you of many ways you can support our work. In addition to direct donations, you can participate in charitable giving programs at work, shop with our partners in the business world, and we always need volunteers to help care for beautiful cats like Gigi (above). Some of these opportunities are:
- United Way. If you participate in the United Way, either personally or through your employer, you can make part of all of your annual donations a gift to Fabulous Felines – be sure to select Fabulous Felines of Albuquerque. Employee signups happen in the fall for many companies, so don’t forget us!
- Combined Federal Campaign. Federal Government Employees may be eligible to participate in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Signups will be coming up this fall, and you can designate Fabulous Felines using our CFC Number: 83472.
- Shaklee. If you sign up for Shaklee through Fabulous Felines, a portion of every purchase of these wonderful health and cleaning products will go to the kitties.
- Amazon Smile. If you order from Amazon (who doesn’t?), consider using the Amazon Smile portal (http://smile.amazon.com), and designating Fabulous Felines of Albuquerque as your charity. This program lets you buy Amazon products at the same prices, and using the same interface you are used to, but Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase amount to us. You can learn more at http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Kim Jew Photography has introduced a program where people who donate $99 to Fabulous Felines will receive a $500 certificate for portraits (download their flyer for more info). Please email us at fabulousFelines@comcast.net if you would like to take advantage of this offer.
- We always need cat food and supplies (toys, litter, paper towels, etc) for our foster house, and you can drop them off on the feline side of VCA Montgomery.
And we are always looking for people who would like to volunteer to help us with our work. Just drop us a line at fabulousFelines@comcast.net and we can give you more information about volunteer opportunities.